Competitiveness and the Development of Socio-Economic Systems
Proceedings of the IV International Scientific Conference "Competitiveness and the development of socio-economic systems" dedicated to the memory of Alexander Tatarkin (CDSES 2020), 25-26 November, 2020, Chelyabinsk State University, Russia
< Previous Books in this series
About the Proceedings
The volume contains selected, peer-reviewed papers from the IV International Scientific Conference "Competitiveness and the development of socio-economic systems" dedicated to the memory of Alexander Tatarkin (CDSES 2020), 25-26 November, 2020, Chelyabinsk State University, Russia.
The conference's objective was to discuss topical issues related to the explanation and management of the development processes and increase the competitiveness of socio-economic systems of various levels. Particular attention is paid to improving economic theory and economic education in response to modern challenges, sustainable development of regions, technological drivers of socio-economic transformations, the introduction of new technologies into the production system. Today, the competitiveness of both national and regional socio-economic systems, ensuring their sustainable development in the face of new challenges that change the game's rules, has acquired particular importance. Active discussions continued on responses to such challenges, including digitalization and introducing new technologies in production, urbanization and decentralization of financial systems, the growing role of media in socio-economic processes, and previous experience's positive use. The fundamental problems of the development of economic theory and economic education, the choice of their methodological and conceptual basis for forming an adequate perception of the complex modern socio-economic reality remain unresolved. Several problems discussed became relevant in the 2020 pandemic, and some reports were related to the crisis-overcoming drivers.
The 178 full papers presented were subjected to a double-blind review process and selected from 130 submissions. Conference focus on in nine thematical sessions, including:
- Economic theory and economic education in the modern world,
- Development and self-development of socio-economic systems: world and national economy,
- Development and self-development of the region,
- Development and self-development of municipalities,
- The efficiency of an industrial enterprise in the modern world,
- Social development of a country, region and person,
- Media communications and media technologies as drivers of the development of socio-economic systems,
- Digital transformation of education and employment as a challenge to the competitiveness of the socio-economic system,
- World experience in the development of socio-economic systems.
The detailed programme of the conference is available at https://www.ieoscience.org/nauchnaya-programma
This volume has been sponsored by:
Russian Foundation for Basic Research
Chelyabinsk State University