The Resource Center Capabilities in the Network Interaction while Preparing of Future Teachers
The article considers the possibility of resource centers in the organization of network interaction in the preparation of future teachers and the experience of such centers in the city of Kaliningrad. Presents the purpose, objectives, functions of the Resource Center, the methodological basis of its activities and development. Highlighted basic principles of operation of "Pedagogical education" resource center and presents a program of development of the Resource Centre and the strategic vision of its activities. It presents the main objective of the resource center - the organization and implementation of teaching practice as a leading tool of formation of educational outcomes, both professional and social interaction space as a way to implement a complete professional activity. Described in detail the functions of the resource center - ensuring the development of scientific and educational cluster, create a system of practice-oriented training of future teachers in undergraduate and graduate programs in the framework of the enlarged group of specialties "Education and Pedagogy", carrying out career guidance activities for school children and future students. In addition, covered the methodological basis of the activity and development of the resource center - activity approach (requires active and reflexive-activityrelated methods and forms of education), the competence approach (focuses on the formation and development of personality and professional competence of future teachers - bachelors and masters), practice-approach ( ensure the inclusion of students in the activities of the Resource Centre, which provides them with a unique opportunity to try to solve professional problems in the real world of modern educational environment). The basic principles of operation of the resource center, "Pedagogical Education", presented the program of development of the resource center and strategic vision of its activities.
Keywords: Resource Centerhigh schoolteacher education
The problems of professional training, knowledge, skills and competence that most precisely
meet the requirements of professional activity have remained relevant for more than a decade. In recent
years, we have implemented a number of measures aimed at converging school and university. The
employers participate in implementing the state policy in the field of vocational training, graduates’
quality assessment, etc. (König, 2014).
Nowadays, the problem of searching new forms of the education system functioning, based
on merging, integrating and concentrating resources of various educational organizations is of crucial
importance. In our opinion, it is a resource center for professional education that may prove to be the
most appropriate form. A Resource Center as a form has been effectively developed and the
communication the mutually connected organizations enables to contribute to social partnership of
professional pedagogical education and the labor market by means of innovative mechanisms and
forms of cooperation.
The Resource Center "Pedagogical education" in FSAEI IKBFU is an innovative and
autonomous form of interaction of subjects of bachelor's and master's degrees courses creating the
conditions for developing their initiative in terms of training continuity in accordance with the
requirements of the social partners at the expense of their educational potential, implemented in terms
of networking (Mychko E.I., Zelko A.S., 2013).
The main objective of the Resource Center is the organization and implementation of teaching
practice as a leading tool in shaping educational outcomes as a professional and social interaction
space, as a way to implement an integral professional activity.
Based on the objective, the Resource Centre activities are aimed at solving the following
- developing a scientific and educational cluster, that enhances the efficiency of the teaching
staff by improving the forms and methods of students, graduates, teachers, supervisors, tutors, coaches,
moderators, academic consultants training in accordance with the needs of employers in the education
- developing network interaction between educational institutions;
- providing support in future pedagogical training in order to develop educational programs,
project activities and increase the level of professional competence of students of pedagogical
directions in IKBFU;
- developing and implementing joint programs in the field of pedagogical education projects,
carrying out pedagogical practices of students and undergraduates;
- developing and introducing effective educational technologies;
- broadening the variety of presentation forms, the individualization of the educational
trajectories, the transition from the content-oriented to result-oriented education.
- creating the conditions for self-realization of students and undergraduates, teaching by doing,
project activities, information support;
- providing with consultant and resource assistance;
- developing coordination between the institution of higher pedagogical education and general
school and pre-school education institutions (both potential employers);
- creating a competitive environment in order to contribute to education in the region;
- promoting introduction and further development of vocational pedagogical education (re-
training) and psycho-pedagogical profile training programs for teaching staff in accordance with their
In accordance with its tasks the Centre has the following functions:
1. to ensure the development of a scientific and educational cluster in the region.
A Research and Education cluster is a flexible network structure, comprising a group of
related objects (educational institutions, public and political organizations, academic schools,
universities, research organizations, etc.), combined around a core of innovative educational activities
in order to perform certain tasks and achieve a specific result.
A Research and Education cluster is a single system of continuous education from school to
professional activity, the association of the industry representatives where everyone is involved in the
chain from the design to an innovative finished product (research institutions, universities and training
centers are in constant interaction). An educational cluster is thought to be an "amalgamation of an
employer and educational institutions by means of complex cross-cutting programs."
An innovation cluster is considered as an integral system of new products and technologies,
interconnected and focused on a specific period of time and in a specific economic area, as the most
effective way to achieve a high level of competitiveness.
The main objectives of creating a scientific and educational cluster are the representation of
scientific achievements of participants, support of the learning process and providing a platform for
testing new ideas and developments in the field of advanced educational technologies.
The main product in the education cluster is educational services, training of a personality
who is able to compete in the ever-changing conditions of the market environment
2. to generate a system of practice-oriented training of future teachers in undergraduate and
graduate programs in the framework of the enlarged group of specialties "Education and Pedagogy."
3.to conduct career-oriented (professional) events for students and potential students.
It is important to present the main activities of the Resource Center:
of pedagogical education and pedagogical training programs.
Scientific and methodological activities:
- to study and generalize the positive experience of innovative network of educational
institutions and its translation to other educational institutions in the region;
- to participate in the developing and implementing innovative pedagogical technologies;
- to test new mechanisms for implementing research projects.
methodological, statistical and information materials.
Marketing and consulting activities:
- forecasting and analytical work on the educational services market monitoring, identifying
the problems and the tendencies of their development;
- expert evaluation of the graduates of bachelors’ and masters’ level of training
The methodological basis of the activity and the development of the Resource Center are:
1. the activity approach (requires the active and the reflexive-activity-related methods and the
forms of training).
2. the competence approach (focuses on the formation and development of the personality and
the professional competence of the future teachers: bachelors and masters).
3. the practice-approach (provided by the inclusion of the students in the activities of the
Resource Centre, which provides them with a unique opportunity to try to solve professional problems
in the real world of the modern educational environment).
The basic principles of the operation of "Teacher education" in the resource center are:
- the principle of partnership and cooperation, involving the implementation of the forms of
The relationship based on mutual understanding and complementarity, synergy, providing a
manifestation of independence and activity, based on mutual support and mutual assistance, joint
efforts and coordination are understood under the collaboration.
Partnership is a voluntary cooperation agreement between two or more parties in which all
participants agree to work together to achieve a common purpose or perform a specific task and to
share risks, responsibilities and resources.
- the principle of corporatization management of the resource center on the basis of the
transition from policy-making to the contractual relationship;
- the principle of network (horizontal), the organization of interaction as opposed to the
hierarchy, based on the voluntary, open, equitable and constructive dialogue and contractual relations,
bearing a certain system of values;
Network Organization is a loosely connected, flexible, horizontally organized network
essentially equal, different in performed roles and functions, independent partners who, possessing
certain resources, enter the networking to be helpful to each other by the data sharing of the resources,
make a contribution to the overall result, exercising and keeping their differences;
- the principle of the public access (open) to the educational resource of the center, provides
the cooperation in the use of the resources of the educational institutions;
Educational resources include either the material and technical, educational and laboratory
equipment, and scientific and methodological information sources provide training process, or the
human and financial potential of the social and educational partners who are interested in advanced
system of training skilled workers demanded by the market economy (Mychko E.I., Zelko A.S., 2013).
- the principle of concentration and mutual compensation of the scarce resources network of
the educational institutions;
- the principle of flexibility: quick reaction to the changes, trends and needs of the educational
theory and practice; mobile identification, validation and dissemination of the innovative experience in
school educational practice and training of bachelors; the responsiveness to the rapidly changing socio-
economic, the organizational and technological conditions of the future professional activity;
- the principle of continuity of the education, that provides the students with the transition
from one educational program to another on the basis of the relationship network of the educational
institutions, the implementation of the successive programs of different levels and orientation;
- the principle of self-development that involves the consideration of the resource center as a
complex multi-component self-developing system of the interaction;
- the principle of creativity, aimed at the creative nature of the subjects of the process of
-the principle of acmeology, which consists in determining the path of the educational growth
of each student, and a student, integrated and focused on the impact on the development of the
properties of its subjectivity.
- the principle of facilitation, providing a facilitated orientation of the individual subjects of
the process of vocational education: the willingness to positive non-judgmental acceptance and a
continued support of each other, an active listening empathy, a congruence (adequate, genuine and
sincere) expression in communication.
The Development Program of the Resource Center "Teacher education":
-the implementation of a set of measures for the establishment and strengthening of innovative
educational environment in the network of the educational institutions;
- the development and implementation of the innovative forms of the organization of practices
bachelors and masters on the basis of the network of the educational institutions;
- the development and introduction of the new practice-oriented forms of the current and the final
control to the levels of mastering the relevant modules competencies (communication types, content,
assignments practices with educational modules and curriculum);
- the development and implementation of a new model for the formation of subjects and
coordinating the implementation of the course and final qualifying works (the formation of the research
topic with the employers, more close to the real needs in the educational practices aimed at solving
specific practical (application) problems, the corresponding request of the employer);
- the development of the forms of the employers’ participation (teachers - tutors) in the
monitoring of the quality of vocational educational training bachelors;
- the joint methodological development, the exchange of the experience and the results of the
innovative development through the seminars, round tables, conferences and master classes;
- promoting the competence of school teachers in ICT in the form of helping with learning and
using them in their professional activities, promoting the new forms and methods of ICT application in
the practice of the educational institutions;
- the joint training of the participants in the networking;
- the development of the innovative forms of the education for the implementation of individual
bachelors’ learning paths: the educational programs at various levels; the interactive multimedia
network core and elective courses; banks project tasks; interactive simulators; interactive tests, various
databases containing practice-oriented information which is necessary for professional pedagogical
preparation of bachelors and masters;
- the development and implementation of the career guidance activities for students and future
- the development and implementation of the profile (teacher) training of the students in
educational network institutions;
- the establishment and implementation of a theoretical model of "school-high school"
networking, aimed at the general result of school and higher education - find and train future highly
qualified and talented teachers;
- the establishment and implementation of joint projects;
- the development of the student-student collaborative research, the social and other projects;
- improving the professional and creative activity of teachers;
- mutual provision of services, the expertise and the group reflection problems and the
development trends of the modern educational process.
In our point of view, the creation of the Resource Centre on the basis of a system of practice-
oriented training of future teachers according to the modern educational needs allows to present a
strategic vision of the Centre:
1. The "school-high school" networking model is aimed at finding and training future highly
qualified teaching staff.
2. The Resource Centre focuses on studying the development of new knowledge, the
acquisition of multi-functional skills, professional mobility and competitiveness in accordance with the
needs of modern and future labor market.
3. Training of teachers through the introduction of the super-institutional approach in the
organization of the bachelors’ and masters’ practice, in the co-operation of the teachers, tutors network
of schools and the university are implemented.
4. The Resource Center is developing as a scientific and an educational cluster, enhancing the
efficiency of the professional teacher training in accordance to the needs of employers in the education
- König J. et al. (2014). Teacher education effectiveness: Quality and equity of future primary and future lower secondary teachers’ general pedagogical knowledge // International perspectives on teacher knowledge, beliefs and opportunities to learn. – Springer Netherlands, – P. 187-206.
- Mychko E.I., Zelko A.S. (2013). Social competence development of students in the course of training // Psychological Science and Education. M.: Moscow State University of Psychology and Education. - № 4. – P. 23-27.
- Mycko E.I., Zelko A.S. (2013). Professional mobility of the teacher of higher educational institution // Conference papers VI International Scientific Conference «European Applied Sciences: modern approaches in scientific researches», 28-29 October 2013, Stuttgart, Germany. - P. 35-36.
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.
About this article
Cite this paper as:
Click here to view the available options for cite this article.