In this article the pedagogical conditions promoting development of competitiveness of future graduates in educational space of the University are revealed. In the course of the research were used the methods of traditional and innovative pedagogy: analysis, instructional design, self-assessment, simulation, etc. Implemented basic methodological approaches: personal, phenomenological, subjective, axiological, etc. A special feature of the project-target approach was the focus on constant updating and design of extracurricular activities in the innovative educational process of the University. The goals of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the University and the modern requirements for the personality of a professional specialist are determined. Also, the essence of competitiveness as a strategy of personal self-determination of the student in the educational space of the University and considered extracurricular activities in the educational space of the University as a factor of competitiveness of future professionals are determined. The complex of organizational and pedagogical conditions promoting effective realization of the developed model of competitiveness of students of higher education institution is revealed. The subject potential of future specialists acts as a leading factor in the development of vocational education strengthens the understanding of the importance of education in building a professional career and the competitiveness of the individual. Self-determination enshrines the right of free determination of personality, the implementation of social and personal self-determination, provides an opportunity for the individual to act in a new way, being an active subject of the process of self-determination and reflection of the situation.
Keywords: Competitivenessextracurricular activitiespersonal self-determinationsubject
The relevance of the study is due to the needs of the modernized Russian education in a specialist with social and professional mobility, combining a high level of culture, intelligence, education, breeding, ready to strategically design and implement life plans and professional self-determination
The idea of competitiveness of future specialists in the educational space of the University is not only a reflection of modernization trend of higher education in Russia, but also a social demand for specialists who are ready for successful professional self-realization.
The particular importance has the competitiveness of the future specialist in the educational space of the University through the mechanisms of social and cultural education, which is implemented through the educational model of the regional University, taking into account the socio-cultural characteristics of the region and the specifics of the regional University.
The fundamental basis for the implementation of the idea of competitiveness of students in the educational space of the University is determined by the key provision of Russian Federation's Laws on education in 2013 federal law № 273 as amended in 2018, which states that "education is an activity aimed at the development of the individual, the creation of conditions for self-determination and socialization of students on the basis of socio-cultural, spiritual and moral values and accepted in society rules and norms of behavior in the interests of man, family, society and the government."
In the russian psychological and pedagogical science the problem of self-determination of the individual has a certain retrospective of the study of professional self-determination. To the development of this scientific subject in their research addressed L.V. Goryunova, N.S. Pryazhnikov, A.K. Markova, etc. A common feature of the approach to the problem is the interest in the consideration of personal aspects of the process of different types of self-determination.
Analyzing the potential of individual’s self-realization, Pryazhnikov (1996) considers personal self-determination as a manifestation of the highest life principle in a person, when he becomes the subject of his life, capable of finding ways to solve problems adequate to life situations.
The authors point out that for the student age is very typical to question yourself about the appointment of a person, the meaning of life and being. Scientists emphasize that it was during this period in connection with the presence of the prevailing constants in the understanding of existential questions from students, in the first place is to answer existential questions related to the essence and purpose of the profession, its social and cultural value, as well as ways of self-determination (Izbasarova & Letucheva, 2013; Goryunova, Kotov, Akopyan, Ogannisyan, & Borzilov, 2018; Leontiev & Shelobanova, 2001; Lyamina, 2000; Malakhova, 2014; Malakhova, 2015; Novgorodskaya, 2012; Obidina, 2015). I. e. it is possible to say that on the basis of domination of existential values at the personality there is a formation of the "I – concept".
This research problem arose because in modern pedagogy researchers unevenly pay attention to various aspects of extracurricular activities, leaving beyond the thematic analysis the mission, essence and content of the University as a construct of professional education in a multi-level educational space based on the principle of regionalization. Based on the implementation of the model of competitiveness of future specialists, it is possible to form and systematize the features of the educational space of the University in practice, allowing them to be attributed to different socio-pedagogical conditions. The identified complex of organizational and pedagogical conditions will contribute to the effective implementation of the model of competitiveness of University students.
The subject of this article is the pedagogical conditions of competitiveness of future specialists in the educational space of the University. The object of the research is the integral educational system of the University.
Purpose of the Study
The aim of the study is to identify a set of organizational and pedagogical conditions that contribute to the competitiveness of future professionals in the educational space of the University.
The following research tasks have been set and solved to achieve the goal:
- determined the essence of competitiveness as a strategy of personal self-determination of the student in the educational space of the University;
- considered extracurricular activities in the educational space of the University as a factor of competitiveness of future specialists;
- the complex of organizational and pedagogical conditions contributing to the effective implementation of the model of competitiveness of University students is revealed.
The study used the following methods:
- retrospective analysis of russian and foreign experience on the research problem;
- theoretical methods (comparison, analysis, synthesis, abstraction, specification, classification, pedagogical design, etc.);
- empirical methods (observation, testing, self-evaluation, methods of diagnosis and study of educational products, etc.);
- methods of study and generalization of modern pedagogical experience in the field of research.
In modern conditions education becomes a way of development of personality and society, belonging, essence of the person and his cultural characteristic. Understanding the value of a person, his uniqueness, his positioning in the development of society and culture, the formation of subjectivity of a person capable of taking responsibility for his life and building a professional path are the basic characteristics of professional education. The subjective potential of future specialists acts as a leading factor in the development of professional education, strengthens the understanding of the importance of education in building a professional career and the formation of personal claims, meanings and values.
The task of education is to create conditions for the formation of student’s positive personal attitudes and goals of their development. In these conditions, the practical result of education is the acquisition of the student's ability to predict their professional activities, to feel the image of the changing world, the willingness to associate themselves as part of the universe, the willingness to make choices in terms of civilization’s challenges and risks, the ability to solve the contradictions of life through the opportunities in realization of positive professional activity.
Justification of the need to implement the idea of personal self-determination formation of students in the educational space of the University determined by the key provision of Russian Federation's Laws on education in 2013 federal law №273 as amended in 2018, which Ssates that education is considered as an activity that plays an important role in the development of the individual, on its basis creates the necessary conditions for socialization and self-determination of students in the context of the system of spiritual, moral and socio-cultural values and meanings, and also necessary for personal self-identification of the basic rules and norms of behavior in society, the state, in communication with others.
However, despite the wide application of this term in the practice of education and psychological and pedagogical theory, it is possible to fix the presence of a large number of theoretical interpretations of self-determination in social and humanitarian knowledge. This circumstance requires the interpretation of the definition "personal self-determination" as a category of formation of youth and mature personality, solving the problem of the humanitarian level of the dual system "man and society". Personal, social, spiritual and moral aspects of education of future specialists are distinguished in such a system.
Self-determination of personality is a complex problem developed by many sciences of humanitarian knowledge, including Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogy.
In Psychology, the main emphasis in the study of the problem is on the dependence of the individual not only on society, the conditions of her life, but also considered the dependence of society on the individual. In such a relationship, the individual becomes the subject of self-determination.
Self-determination as a mechanism that enshrines the right of a person to freely determine his or her own destiny, to carry out social and personal self-determination, provides an opportunity for a person to act differently, being an active subject of the process of self-determination and reflection of the life situation.
The solution of the problem of personal self-determination becomes essential for the study of pedagogical knowledge, as students, along with deep knowledge, high intelligence, active life position, spacious mind, sacred quest in recent years often develop a sense of their exclusivity, the desire to assert their independence, excessive self-confidence. This causes their intolerance, aggression, irritability, the emergence of interpersonal conflicts, etc. In the self-determination process a person goes through the formation of generalized ideas about the world and the meaning of its existence, the compositional construction of a single semantic system. This thesis shows that, according to scientists, each person carries out different types of self-determination in his life: personal (identifies himself as a person), professional (as a professional), family (as a family member), etc.
In modern science, the following types of self-determination are distinguished: life self-determination (search and self-determination of life strategy); social self-determination (this is the definition of oneself with respect to the criteria and norms of social relations and relations accepted in society); professional (definition of oneself in the professional sphere), value-semantic self-determination (understanding of one's place in the world, in relation to the values, meanings of life, the strategy of the life route and interaction with other "I" in society), as well as personal self-determination.
In this regard, personal self-determination acts as a methodological justification for the manifestation of human individuality, human activity and behavior, the formation of a system of axiological values; increasing the adaptive potential of the subject, ensuring its ability to self-development, the ability to reflect (Repetskaya & Repetsky, 2013).
As we have already proved the position that the leading trend of modernization of vocational education is the creation of mechanisms for the formation of a multi-level educational space of the University, based on the axiological approach preserving the integrity of culture. In the implementation of this approach, the following values are key in the process of education: the activity and initiative of the person responsible for the preservation of life on the planet, who shares and accepts compassion for people. In the process of personal self-identification based on the system of basic values is the formation of the essential foundations of man and the formation of the integrity of the person. In this regard, the emerging system of personal self-determination embodied in different types of educational and extracurricular activities at the University "...it should focus on the development of the individual's need for success, the realization of their goals and self-affirmation, to form the quality of the individual, ensuring its inclusion in various spheres of society..." (Sakharchuk, 2015, p. 68).
The formation of personal self-determination is defined by us as the most effective and promising basic tool for the education of modern youth in the framework of the implementation of a comfortable educational space at the University. This is explained by the fact that:
- The organization of various forms of educational space in the regional University acts as a process of free self-determination and self-realization of the individual as one of the main conditions for its development;
- Social practices in the regional University create a space for the implementation of the sphere of socio-cultural needs of young people;
- in the educational space of the University, in which an important role is played by organized activities that determine the need for students to interact with the entire spectrum of social relations and the world of culture.
Thus, the content of the process of self-determination in modern higher education is directly related to the implementation of educational activities at the University. There is a space for the design and implementation of individual strategies of self-determination and self-realization of students, provides the necessary psychological and pedagogical conditions aimed at conscious self-education of the qualities of modern specialist-intellectual and intellectual, develops socio-cultural potential of society.
During the period of Russian modernization, according to Bondarevskaya (2000), a new quality of social expectations in relation to education and upbringing is associated with the realization that only through an educated and cultured person, who has the ability to cooperate productively and work together in human communities, which are built on the basis of multiculturalism, dialogue, amount of nationalities, religions, beliefs, images and meanings of life, States can solve geopolitical problems and resolve inter-state conflicts. Bondarevskaya (2000) convincingly proves the thesis that the main subject of education becomes a person as a subject of culture, social and personal essence.
It is necessary to focus on the understanding that the development of the phenomenon of personal self-determination is fixed in the personal structures of human consciousness, determining the following properties of personality: motivation, exercise of free choice, evaluation and self-assessment, the formation of initiative, responsibility, creativity, the ability to make a dialogue, the manifestation of sympathy and tolerance, respect for the traditions and values of another culture, etc. In this regard, it is important to point out that the humanitarian nature of modern education determines its deep meaning. In the center of education is a person with existing life plans and problems of their implementation. In today's world, one of the most important problems of the individual is to obtain high quality education, through which it can fully self-determine in their lives.
Projecting education through the prism of the concept of culture in the context of the humanistic paradigm concept is the understanding of it as a cultural process that promotes cultural identity of the individual in the world of cultural meanings and values, self-development and self-determination. Such a process must necessarily take place in a culture-congruent educational environment that promotes the disclosure of personal identity.
An important condition for student’s personal self-determination are his active life attitude and citizenship, readiness and ability to personal self-assertion and self-determination, the desire to fully and comprehensively implement themselves in solving problems in the educational system of the regional University.
In this regard, the study of the structure of the theoretical model of personal self-determination of future specialists reveals a number of problems regarding the educational spaces of the University organization, the solution of which is mandatory to achieve these goals. Such tasks are:
- formation of socially significant and personal qualities in the process of professional personal self-determination;
- formation of respect for the law and legitimacy, active personal position;
- creation of conditions for creative and intellectual self-determination and self-realization of personality;
- formation of the individual's self-esteem, inner freedom, responsibility;
- introduction to the traditions of the University, the formation of corporatism, solidarity;
- formation of values of spiritual and moral culture in the context of humanistic values and ideals in the process of self-determination.
To ensure the solution of these problems, it is necessary to point out that the following methodological setting is correlated with the definition of approaches and principles on which we will rely in the implementation of the above goals of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of a regional University.
When creating a theoretical model of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the University, we proceed from the implementation of the following methodological approaches and principles:
1. Person-centred approach is reflected in the programs of formation of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University. This principle is based on the consideration and study of assessments, opinions and interests of students, which are implemented on the basis of certain forms of activity of subjects of the system of education at the University that meet the individual characteristics and needs of students.
2. The principle of motivational support of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University reflects the conditionality of its effectiveness, the formation of students' motives for participation in various types of independent and social activities, understanding of its importance for people around them, for their University and personal self-determination.
3. The principle of dialogue and free creativity. In free creativity focuses the idea of spiritual and moral formation and development of students. It assumes the statement in educational practice of the subject - subject relations based on value and semantic community and cooperation. This principle provides conditions for the introduction of the future specialist’s personality to professional activity through the prism of the special importance of personal self-determination.
4. The principle of openness in the regional environment points to the importance of the tasks of active self-determination of the future specialist’s personality and socially responsible person through participation in youth regional projects, the development of interuniversity student community, etc.
5. Program-oriented and goal-oriented approach provides the implementation of effective ways which determine the content of educational activities based on personal self-realization, initiative, formation of professional self-determination. On the basis of this principle is formed software support of socially useful activities within the system of education in University. The developed programs are determined by the goals of personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University and modern requirements for the personality of a professional specialist. A special feature of the Program-oriented and goal-oriented approach is the orientation to the constant updating of the software of the educational process at the University.
6. The principle of complementarity implements the idea of active and voluntary participation of students in the organization of all aspects of educational activities (leisure activities, researches, work, etc.) in cooperation with the teaching staff in solving problems of education. The implementation of this principle is aimed at creating conditions conducive to personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University.
7. The principle of social responsibility, when the active position of the student in the life of the University becomes the norm of his life and a permanent factor of personal self-determination in the educational space of the regional University.
8. The principle of value orientation in the personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University plays the role of the disclosure of the process of formation of educational space.
This set of the above-mentioned principles, taking into account the set targets, harmoniously fits into the conceptualization of the educational space of the regional University.
In our study, we proceed from the fact that the pedagogical standard that ensures the integrity of the system requires targeted measures on the part of the subjects of the educational space of the regional University.
In this regard, the humanitarian component of the content of the educational system creates the necessary conditions for the most complete personal self-determination of future specialists in the educational space of the regional University, in the formed qualities of the student's personality that he needs for self-determination and self-organization of his behavior and creativity, as well as for society and the state.
It seems necessary to distinguish in the structure of personal self-determination such components as competence of cooperation, professional competence, personal competence (Petrova et al., 2016). The three-component structure substantiates the characteristics of both social, and personal and professional attitudes of the individual, which correlates with the essence of personal self-determination. As the most important indicators of the formation of personal self-determination, identified the most important components that contain the impact on the internal and external side of this phenomenon, which determines its relationship in the context of the dynamics of its systemic, structural indicative manifestations (Pronskaya, 2016).
The scientific and methodical bases of the phenomenon of competitiveness of the future specialist in the conditions of extracurricular activities of the University, the potential of the educational space of the University, the organizational and pedagogical conditions for the formation of competitiveness, as well as the analysis of the data obtained at the ascertaining stage of the experiment, allowed in the next part of our study to formulate the goal: to develop an educational model for the formation of competitiveness of future specialists in extracurricular activities.
1. To create a model of educational space of formation of competitiveness of future specialists.
2. To confirm the effectiveness of the formation of the competitiveness of future professionals in extracurricular activities in the educational space of the University.
In solving these problems, we were based on the fact that the most important of the organizational and pedagogical conditions for the formation of the competitiveness of future professionals in extracurricular activities is the successful simuation of educational space that contributes to the acquisition of life orientations, the formation of personal competitiveness, self-realization.
We consider it necessary to create an effective educational model in the University, which should have a socio-pedagogical nature, focus on the formation of a competitive specialist in extracurricular activities of the University.
In accordance with the procedural stages of pedagogical simuation, we have divided the system of multifaceted educational space into the following blocks: target, content, program-methodical and evaluation.
The target block of educational model of competitiveness formation of future specialists. The strategic goals of the educational model formation are the organization of creating the educational space’s of the University process of for the development of an active personality, contributing to the acquisition of value and life orientations, the development of skills of self-organization and self-regulation of the individual.
Target block design educational models complement the tasks of specifying the above-formulated goal:
- to form students ' ability to set goals and see ways to achieve them;
- to promote the development of students' conscious idea of themselves as a strong personality, their personal competitive advantages;
- develop students' skills to build strategies of self-development and self-realization;
An important part of any pedagogical model are the approaches and principles according to which the above-mentioned goals and objectives will be implemented. Principles of construction model of educational space of formation of competitiveness of future specialists: the principle of humanization, the principle of personal priorities, the principle of variability, the principle of activity of education subjects, the principle of democratization.
The content block of educational model of formation of competitiveness of future specialists assumes the following main components:
- administrative (Vice-rector for educational work, Institute of curatorship, social partnership, youth work organization Department, student self-government);
- extracurricular component displays the process of designing and creating an educational space in the extracurricular individual and joint activities of teachers and students (programs in areas of joint extracurricular activities);
- developing component provides professional development of the teaching staff on the education of students and the revitalization of the Institute of curatorship, methodological guidance in the preparation of projects and student associations’ targeted programs, the organization of training programs for students and teachers (Akopyan & Ogannisyan, 2016).
In the educational model of competitiveness formation three levels of General Institute forms of organization of educational activity are assumed:
The first level is pubic events. There is organization of educational activities at the Institute level, as well as the participation of University students in activities outside the University with social and professional partners.
The second level is group forms of work with students. There is organization of educational activities with students in accordance with their interests, aspirations for self-realization.
The third level is individual variants of personality-oriented educational work.
Program-methodical block of educational model of formation of competitiveness of future specialists.
To implement the educational model of personal self-determination we used the following programs in the following areas:
The program "I am a professional!" is aimed at creating conditions for the formation of an active position in the development of professionally important qualities of the future specialist, education of leadership qualities. Implementation of the program "I am a professional!" contributes to the formation of the desire to achieve goals in the conditions of confrontation and competition, at the intellectual, emotional, behavioral levels, understanding of involvement in the future professional community.
Self-knowledge trainings "Who am I or what is my personality?" are aimed at training the ability to self-disclosure; stimulate the process of active inclusion of young people in social practices; develop the ability to be active in intercultural communication; develop the desire to master the ways of self-knowledge and self-development; optimize the moral and psychological climate in the group, the team; the formation and development of the installation to overcome psychological barriers to full personal expression.
The evaluation unit of the proposed educational model includes the presence of a diagnostic program to assess the level of formation of the competitiveness of future specialists.
In accordance with the developed educational model of formation of competitiveness of future specialists in extracurricular activities, based on the objectives of this stage of the study, we have implemented a set of activities in the selected areas. The mechanism of realization of the directions of educational work specified by us is realization of the local specialized educational programs presented in educational model. During the implementation of the programs, we focused on the variety of educational practices, increasing the role of psychological and pedagogical technologies in education, increasing the degree of freedom of participants in the educational space, personal and activity orientation of extracurricular activities at the University.
Organizing and guiding part of the educational activities of the University is the administrative component of the educational model, the organizational structure of which includes: Vice-rector for educational work, Department of educational work, the Council for educational work, the Council of student activists of the University, the Council of student assets of faculties, the Council of student assets of dormitories, the Council of curators. Coordinated activity of all structural units is aimed at organizing the formation of the educational space of the University, based on the main idea - education is a process. A mandatory component of this system is the Institute of supervision, which implies continuous mentoring of the most experienced group of teachers and professors throughout the training.
Student self-government is an obligatory component of the educational space. The system of student self-government is represented by the following structural units: student Council, unity of mayors, student creative organizations (art collective "Inspiration", KVN team, volunteer group "Do good"). In the process, we have developed the necessary conditions for the effective work of the student government: - definition of the culture of student organizations as an integral part of the corporate culture of the University; - purposeful individual work with different categories of students. As a result of the work of the self-government bodies, the modeling of the educational space is provided, where students are trained in the "school" of the individual’s subjective position development, able to live in a team, to model the space and gain experience of life according to its laws. The student self-government acted as a space of free self-determination of students, where it became possible to purposefully use their own internal energy to resolve the contradictions between certain social expectations addressed to the specialist and understanding of the insufficient development of the complex of personal and professional qualities, as well as the implementation of their own aspirations to progress.
The developing component of the educational model of personal self-determination of students is focused on training and advanced training of administrative staff and teachers to the organization and conduct of educational work at the University. The Institute organized a psychological and pedagogical School for teachers and curators in order to implement this component of the educational system. Within the framework of the School for teachers was organized professional development of teachers on the program "Organization of educational activities in the conditions of implementation of the FSES» and "Pedagogical technologies of organization of extracurricular educational work of the University." The result of the development of teachers of the above programs was the expansion of knowledge and ideas about educational guidelines, criteria and levels of evaluation of personal self-determination; modern psychological and pedagogical diagnostics; improvement of organizational and constructive skills, allowing to coordinate and improve the effectiveness of pedagogical interactions.
Designed and implemented in practice educational model and formulated organizational and pedagogical conditions of formation of future specialists’ competitiveness in extracurricular activities contribute to the creation of the University system of education and organization of educational space aimed at personal self-determination, providing students with the opportunity to realize their level of competitiveness, development of skills of self-organization and self-realization.
In the process of implementation of the developed educational model and analysis, we have developed the conditions for its effective functioning:
- development of communicative culture and organizational skills of teachers, psychological and pedagogical competence of the organizers of the educational space;
- ensuring the formation of students ' experience in competitive conditions;
- ensuring self-realization of the student's personality in professional activities, contributing to the actualization and development of its potential;
- creating conditions for the formation of life orientations of students: understanding the purpose of life, a sense of richness of life and satisfaction with self-realization;
- development of the emotional sphere of students as the basis for the formation of a culture of feelings;
- orientation of the content and forms of educational work with students on their activity and manifestation of independence in the organization and conduct of events;
- stimulation of multi-level and multi-aspect pedagogical interaction of teachers and students in various types of joint activities;
- formation of civil and social responsibility, self-esteem, ability to objective self-assessment and self-regulation of behavior.
Thus, it can be noted that the educational model is an integrative integrity, which can be structured with the allocation of several levels of its organization:
- as developing integrity;
- as a set of components: educational environment of the faculty, department, group;
- as a spiritual community, contributing to the social and personal development of the future specialist.
To solve the problem of confirming the effectiveness of the formation of the competitiveness of future professionals in extracurricular activities in the educational space of the University was re-implemented a program to identify the level of future professional’s competitiveness formation. The method of carrying out the final part of the experiment is similar to that used at the initial stage of the experiment. For the convenience of analysis, the data obtained during the final stage of the experiment are summarized in Table
The table clearly shows that 49.7% of the respondents of the experimental group have the qualities of a purposeful person, broadcast the presence of goals in the future, which give life meaning, direction and time perspective, have a real support in the present and are supported by personal responsibility for the implementation of life goals (at the ascertaining stage 28.1%). 58.6% of students of the experimental group began to perceive the process of their lives as interesting, emotionally rich and full of meaning (at the ascertaining stage 32.1%). 52.9% note satisfaction with self-realization (at the ascertaining stage 41.7%). 64.2% of respondents consider themselves strong personalities and demonstrate the possession of sufficient freedom of choice to build their lives in accordance with their goals and objectives and ideas about its meaning (at the ascertaining stage 42.8%). 61.3% are convinced that a person can freely make decisions and implement them, therefore make plans for the future (at the ascertaining stage 34.5%).
Summarized the results of the Leontiev’s (Leontiev & Shelobanova, 2001) test of life-meaningful orientations can be represented in the form of a diagram for subscales (Figure
The increase in the indicators of the test of life orientations in the control group respondents is explained by the objective processes of individual and personal development, maturation, and change in life position. However, the degree of change in the Leontiev’s (Leontiev & Shelobanova 2001) test indicators of life orientations in the experimental group is higher than in the control group, due to the effectiveness of the work carried out at the formative stage of the experiment with students of the experimental group.
Further, in accordance with the diagnostic map, we conducted a diagnosis of personal competitiveness. The results of determining personal competitiveness are presented in Table
According to the test results, it can be stated that the respondents of the experimental group had a change in the level of personal competitiveness in the direction of increase – 37.9% high LC (at the initial stage 25.9%); changed and the average level of LC – 30.2% (at the initial stage 34.5%), low LC – 31.9% (at the initial stage 39.6%). The respondents of the control group also observed changes in the level of LC, but there is no significant dynamics compared with the results of the initial stage of the experiment.
Within the framework of our experimental program, educational technologies aimed at students' mastering reflective techniques, methods of self-analysis and evaluation of its results were tested. The method of self-analysis with elements of projective techniques was aimed at developing students' abilities for self-analysis, organizational skills aimed at forming readiness to perform professionally important tasks. The portfolio of students independently recorded indicators of personal qualities: assessment of their own professional and personal qualities; design of strategic personal and professional goals in achieving professional career and personal self-determination; record and interpretation of the results of their achievements.
At the final stage of the experiment, the implementation of the portfolio caused less difficulties, since the respondents of the control and experimental groups were motivated to compile and collect the material during the time period coinciding with the formative stage of the experiment. At this stage of the experiment, students filled in sections: "Who am I?", "What I am, "I and others", "I am an expert". There were examples of reflexive portfolios, executed with a creative approach and referred to a high level of performance (41%, at the ascertaining stage - 24%), in which students made new headings, such as "My dreams", "My values and ideals". In General, the portfolio was implemented at a higher level, supplemented by mottos, argumentation of their life credo; there were strategies and plans to achieve professional and personal goals. It is also noted that the portfolio of students acquired heading "Conclusion" in which respondents summarize their achievements, analyze their life position. The analysis of reflexive portfolios presented by students shows that awareness of their subjective qualities and social requirements is developing, that reflexive processes in the formation of competitiveness of respondents are active.
Information about the portfolio made by students at the final stage of the experiment can be traced in Table
Comparing the results of the reflexive portfolio of the control and experimental groups, we note that the positive dynamics in the levels of performance in comparison with the ascertaining stage of the experiment in both groups, but more successful results are shown by the experimental group of respondents, since they were carried out purposeful work at the forming stage of the experiment.
Summarizing the data of the tests at the final stage of the experiment and comparing the results of the ascertaining and final stages, reflecting the levels of personal self-determination of students, it is possible to assess the dynamics (Figure
The Overlay of diagrams show positive dynamics in personal self-determination of future specialists: active (high) level of formed competitiveness increased from 26.1% to 42.9%, normative (average) level decreased not significantly – from 25.3% to 24%, intuitive (low) level of formed competitiveness decreased from 48.6% to 35.7%.
The results obtained in the course of the study confirm the original hypothesis and allow us to make generalizing conclusions. The obtained data allow us to conclude that as a result of experimental work, organizational and pedagogical conditions were formulated and created that contribute to the effective functioning of the developed educational model of formation future specialists’ competitiveness of in extracurricular activities of the University.
The selected indicators that determine the trends of personal development of students showed that they are formed more dynamically in the process of immersion in active activities for existence in a multidimensional educational space of the University; in the purposeful management of the formation of social activity of the individual, contributing to the acquisition of value and life orientations; development of skills of self-organization and self-regulation of future specialists from the teaching staff; in the development of reflexive skills through training in self-knowledge, development of abilities for self-realization.
In conclusion, we can state that the dynamics of indicators of personal self-determination revealed by us at the final stage of the experiment testifies to the effectiveness of the organizational and pedagogical conditions developed by us for the formation of the educational space of the University, as well as the solvency of the educational space’s designed model for the formation of the competitiveness of the future specialist. Competitiveness as a strategy of personal self-determination of the student in the educational space of the University is associated with the formation of the internal position of an adult, as a semantic system in which are merged ideas about the world and about himself, with the understanding of himself as a subject of the social system responsible for the formation of his life strategy in building his future professional career.
The competitiveness of future specialists in the educational space of the University is realized on the basis of the algorithm of modeling such components as the competence of interaction (cooperation), activity competence, personal competence. Criteria of competitiveness of students are allocated, at studying of structural components of personal self-determination and three levels are defined – active (high), standard (average), intuitive (low) which are offered for use in the course of the qualitative analysis of competitiveness’s level of formation of future specialists in regional higher education institution.
Organizational and pedagogical conditions of formation of competitiveness of future specialists in extracurricular activities:
- simulation of multidimensional educational space, contributing to the acquisition of life orientations, the formation of personal competitiveness, self-realization;
- preparation of pedagogical and senior executives for the organization of educational work at the University, professional development of specialists in education and scientific and methodological support of the educational process;
- introduction of mechanisms of student self-government, self-organization and amateur performance, contributing to the formation of the internal position of an adult, active life position, self-realization.
Summarizing the above, we can conclude that the problem of personal self-determination of future specialists acts as a complex, multi-stage process of human development, in which he gets an idea of himself, adequate knowledge about his capabilities, value orientations, abilities. And it helps to explain the individual’s desire to integrate in a social context based on ongoing reflection, rethinking their life and self-determination in the selection of stable moral and legal beliefs, since the personalized sphere is dynamic, it is constantly changing. Thus, personal and social competencies constitute the structural core of personal self-determination, which is characterized as the quality of the individual, manifested in the ability of a person to realize their plans and achieve goals, taking into account the possibilities of interpersonal dialogue in the educational space of the regional University.
- Akopyan, M. A., & Ogannisyan, L. A. (2016). Independent work as the basis for project activities in an innovative educational process of higher school. Modern high technologies, 3–1, 90–95.
- Bondarevskaya, E. V. (2000). Theory and practice of personality-oriented education. Rostov-on-Don.
- Goryunova, L. V., Kotov, S. V., Akopyan, M. A., Ogannisyan, L. A., & Borzilov, Y. P. (2018). Study of the efficiency of cultural institutions of the individual pupils within municipal index. Astra Salvensis, 6, 735–744.
- Izbasarova, N. Yu., & Letucheva, L.A. (2013). Professional and personal self-determination of youth. Innovative development of vocational education, 2(4), 76–80.
- Leontiev, D. A., & Shelobanova, E. (2001). Professional self-determination as building of images of possible future. Questions of psychology, 1, 57–66.
- Lyamina, E. A. (2000). Psychological content of personal and professional self-determination of students of pedagogical high school: dis. kand. the course of studies. Moscow: Sciences.
- Malakhova, O. Yu. (2014). Professional and personal self-determination of a student in the conditions of modern social order: essence, problems and prospects. Education and society, 1(84), 54–59.
- Malakhova, O. Yu. (2015). The role of the reflexive educational environment in the professional and personal self-determination of a University student. Education and society, 1(90), 87–91.
- Novgorodskaya, V. A. (2012). Personal resource of University students as a determinant of effective professional self-determination (Doctoral Dissertation). Sochi Institute of educational technology.
- Obidina, T. V. (2015). On self-realization and personal self-determination of youth on the Internet. Information and education: borders of communications, 7(15), 207–208.
- Petrova, N. P., Mareev, V. I., Pivnenko, P. P., Kotov, S. V., Kotova, S. N., Kharchenko, L. N., & Gulyakin, D. V. (2016). Matrix of competences of the teacher of high school Social Sciences, 11, 4539–4543.
- Pronskaya, M. G. (2016). Evaluation criteria and levels of formation of personal self-determination. New pedagogical technologies, 25, 4–6.
- Pryazhnikov, N. S. (1996). Professional and personal self-determination. Moscow: publishing House "Institute of practical psychology"; Voronezh, NGO "MODEK".
- Repetskaya, A. V., & Repetsky, Yu. A. (2013). Reflexive self-identity as the formation of readiness for self-realization. Psychology. Journal of Higher school of Economics, 10(2), 75–86.
- Sakharchuk, N. Yu. (2015). Personal self-determination as a factor of student's personality development. In Actual medical-psychological-pedagogical problems of modern society. Materials of the second international scientific-practical conference (pp. 68–72). DUGME.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
About this article
21 January 2020
Print ISBN (optional)
Sociolinguistics, linguistics, semantics, discourse analysis, science, technology, society
Cite this article as:
Kotov*, S., Ogannisyan, L., Akopyan, M., & Semergej, S. (2020). Development Of Future Specialists Competitiveness In Extracurricular Activities At The University. In D. Karim-Sultanovich Bataev, S. Aidievich Gapurov, A. Dogievich Osmaev, V. Khumaidovich Akaev, L. Musaevna Idigova, M. Rukmanovich Ovhadov, A. Ruslanovich Salgiriev, & M. Muslamovna Betilmerzaeva (Eds.), Social and Cultural Transformations in the Context of Modern Globalism, vol 76. European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences (pp. 1774-1790). Future Academy. https://doi.org/10.15405/epsbs.2019.12.04.240